Letter from Pastor Frank
We are in the midst of a tremendous trial both, as a Nation, as well as the World as we seek answers for Coronavirus. We continue in prayer for a quick, lasting resolution to the pandemic. I’m reminded of a wonderful Scripture in Psalms 46:1-3 (NIV) God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging”. With all my heart, I believe we continue to serve a good God who has already been to “tomorrow” and knows “the rest of the story”. While we continue to have great faith in God, we also must use our God-given wisdom during these times. Some may be wondering what we plan to do as a church, so we would like to outline the following, realizing of course that the situation continues to be fluid and things could change.
- There will be NO SERVICES THIS WEEKEND. We will do our best to record Sunday’s message so that you may listen to it on our website.
- There will be no Bible Studies until further notice.
- The remaining Community Lenten Services & Luncheons are cancelled. We’ll let you know about the Good Friday service closer to.
- There will be no Christian Adventure, TBA and other youth activities until school begins again.
- I will not be visiting any of the nursing homes but we need to make every effort to call any who are shut-in.
- The Easter Egg Hunt is cancelled for this year.
As operating expenses still incur during this difficult time, your offering is still needed and greatly appreciated. You can mail your offering to us at 107 S Market St., Ligonier PA 15658, or drop it off at Connections Café (there’s a mail slot in the door if Connections is closed).
We promise to keep you informed moving forward. Know that you are all in my prayers!
May God bless us all,